Why choose us?
We understand that volunteering is a big commitment and you probably already have a lot on your plate. So imagine a flexible way of being able to volunteer that complements your work, family commitments, leisure time or education - a way that allows you to truly enjoy your experience. Consequently:
- We are committed to best practice management of our volunteers. We are focused on continuous improvement with a goal of being a volunteer organisation of choice
- Our volunteers are an integral part of our team and are included in all we do
- We set you up for success with all you need to do your job to your best
- We offer unique and innovative roles based on your skills, values and personal goals
- We truly respect and appreciate our volunteers’ efforts, and celebrate and reward them whenever we can
- We are dedicated to strengthening communities through social, cultural and economic integration
- We believe actions are stronger than words and behave accordingly.
Who can volunteer?
Imagine not being limited by your age, gender, nationality or culture. With us it doesn’t matter how young or old you are and you can be from any walk of life. You can be:
- a young person or school or university student
- a retiree and older person
- a newly arrived resident or international student
- someone with a disability
- part of a corporate group, local club or association
- a Centrelink customer with participation requirements including Mature Age and Work for the Dole
- a resident or client of our services.
After all, it’s your compassion and commitment that plays a large part in determining how successful you’ll be.
Naturally, there are some important legislative requirements you'll need to fulfil. These include the right to work and volunteer in Australia and personal history checks like a National Police Certificate or working with children checks may be a requirement for some roles. That said, most volunteer roles don’t require any previous experience and usually don’t involve a minimum time commitment.
We work closely with you to help find the perfect role for you.
Check our current volunteer opportunities here