Make a difference.
Sadly in Queensland, new children enter the child protection system every day. You can help create a better tomorrow by becoming a foster carer with us - one of Queensland's largest foster care providers.
We work with many people who've made the jump from thinking about foster care to opening their home and heart to children in need. They are single people, those with partners, people from different cultural backgrounds, renters, home-owners, full-time workers, those without children, stay-at-home parents and grandparents.
Anyone can apply to be a foster carer with us - you just need to be 18 and over, living in Queensland and be able to provide a safe, stable and caring home. Some of our carers have foster children full-time, while others do a few days a month as respite for full-time foster carers.
There are many reasons people choose to become foster carers. You might:
- Love children and be great with them
- Want to give back to your local community
- See a need in your community for more foster carers
- Be experienced caring for children with disability or those from different cultural backgrounds.
Are you eligible to be a foster carer?
Any Queenslander can apply to be a foster carer with us - you just need to be an adult able to provide a safe, stable and caring home.Learn more about eligibility
Is foster care for you?
- Are you caring and kind?
- Do you have time to spend with a child?
- Are you patient?
- Are you able to listen?
- Can you empathise with a child’s feelings and behaviours?
- Can you set boundaries?
- Can you help a child maintain their connections with their family and culture?
- Is everyone in your household willing to be part of a foster care home?