Why volunteer with us
From providing companionship to an older person, to running aged care activities, or helping with the gardens at our youth residential care homes, we have a range of different volunteering options for you.
Our volunteers work across aged care, retirement villages, our churches, foster care, youth support and family support services. Our volunteer opportunities are mostly in Queensland and Victoria.
Some people who come to us as volunteers go on to become paid employees, while others fit in activities around their paid work. All of our volunteers tell us how valued they feel when they give selflessly to help others.
Research shows volunteering leads to improved physical and mental health.
Volunteering with us can help you:
- Learn and develop new skills (or sharpen old ones) and widen your career opportunities
- Share your current skills and passions with those who will appreciate them most
- Support your educational studies
- Connect with and give back to your local community
- Get motivated and enjoy a sense of achievement
- Make new friends
- Make someone’s day
- Enjoy new experiences that help you learn and grow
- Improve your health, wellbeing and self-esteem
- Set a challenge for your peers to get involved
Our volunteers can also access our Employee Discount Program, giving you access to special offers and discounts at retailers including Bupa Health, Medibank Health, Kmart Tyre & Auto, CTM Allure, Jetts Fitness, JB Hi-Fi and SunSuper.
We also have an Employee Assistance Program where volunteers can access free and confidential phone counselling for up to six hours a year, for any issue.
Yes. People from all religions (or no religion) are very welcome. You just need to share our commitment to helping others to apply to volunteer with us.
Yes. Many of our volunteers work or study, and help out when they can. Some volunteer every now and again at working bees, while others even help out online with admin and other tasks from home. Talk to us about how you'd like to get involved and we'll find an opportunity for you.
No. Contact us if you're interested in volunteering and we'll connect you with our services.