Frequently Asked Questions - investing with us
You'll receive interest payments from us based on your investment product and its interest rates.
In 40 years of operations, we've achieved a blemish-free record and have never had a problem repaying any investor. Repayment is underwritten by the overall funds and assets of Churches of Christ in Queensland.
- Timing of the release of funds will depend on the conditions of the investment type
- Phone your request to our office and we’ll transfer the funds to your linked bank account
- Written signed withdrawal requests can be mailed or attached to an email
- Funds can be transferred to your bank account (not credit card accounts nor BPay)
- Phone transfers are password protected
- Written transfer requests are verified by the signatures/email addresses in our records.
Phone us on 1300 659 644 and we'll talk to you about making a written request for withdrawal in line with our Hardship Policy. Please note - this does not apply to Funeral Plan investments.
You'll incur a penalty on the interest paid, which changes depending on your investment product.
All investments will be administered by the Churches of Christ Foundation (The Foundation) which operates as a ministry of Churches of Christ in Queensland (ABN 28953930342) of 41 Brookfield Road, Kenmore, QLD 4069. Churches of Christ in Queensland (ARBN 147481436) is a body corporate pursuant to the grant of letters patent issued under the Religious, Educational and Charitable Institutions Acts 1861 to 1959 (QLD).
The Foundation is a religious charitable development fund that operates under an exemption to the Banking Act 1959 (for current exemption see the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) website: www.apra.gov.au).
This scheme has not been examined or approved by ASIC and investments in the fund are intended to be a means for investors to support the charitable work of Churches of Christ in Queensland, and for whom the considerations of profit are not of primary relevance in their investment decisions. Furthermore, neither Churches of Christ in Queensland nor the Foundation are prudentially supervised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). An investor in the fund will not receive the benefit of the Financial Claims Scheme nor the depositor protection provisions of the Banking Act 1959.
Investments are not specifically secured but repayment is underwritten by the overall funds & assets of Churches of Christ in Queensland.
Churches of Christ in Queensland is not licensed to provide financial product advice in relation to investments mentioned on this website. This website contains factual information about the availability of Foundation products. It is not intended to provide any legal, accounting or other advice to potential investors but, to the extent that it does, such advice is general advice only and has not taken into account the potential investor’s specific relevant personal circumstances, including their objectives, financial situation or needs. Each investor should seek independent advice relating to their circumstances.
The Foundation does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused to anyone who relies on the information on this website.
No cooling-off period applies to the issue of the investments mentioned within this website. Churches of Christ in Queensland, the Foundation undertakes to repay investments upon request, subject to our Terms and Conditions.
We can direct debit funds from your nominated bank account to your Churches of Christ Foundation investment at regular intervals, or you can telephone us by 3pm Monday to Friday and we will electronically transfer funds from your linked bank account to your Churches of Christ Foundation investment overnight.
Direct Debit transfer instructions are password protected.
There are a number of ways, such as:
- Transfer via your Internet Banking. Contact our staff for bank details and reference requirements. The transfer is into Churches of Christ Foundation's general bank account. Therefore, it's really important to reference the transaction correctly to enable staff to identify that the funds belong to you and to which investment you would like them allocated.
- Phone your request to our office by 3pm, and we'll transfer the funds from your linked account*. Phone transactions are password protected. *A signed Direct Debit Request form is required before transfers can be made from your savings or cheque account to a Churches of Christ Foundation investment. Churches of Christ Foundation cannot take funds from an external savings or cheque account without a DDR Form for the external account.
- Via a Recurring Direct Debit Instruction.
- Post a cheque made payable to ‘Churches of Christ in Queensland’ with credit instructions. Credit form available here.
- Over the counter at the National Australia Bank. Contact our staff for bank details and reference requirements. The transfer is into Churches of Christ Foundation’s general bank account. Therefore, it's really important to reference the transaction correctly to enable staff to identify that the funds belong to you and to which investment you would like them allocated.
Churches of Christ Foundation must collect this information to comply with the Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
You may request an early redemption of your Fixed Term Investment before the term has ended by giving 31 days' notice.
Early withdrawal of funds incurs a penalty to the interest paid.
If the funds are needed urgently, then you may submit a written request if waiting the 31 days would cause you hardship.
Your application will be assessed according to our Hardship Policy.
Early withdrawal of funds incurs a penalty to the interest paid.
Churches of Christ Foundation does not keep any of the funds. The funds either form part of the estate or in the case of joint Churches of Christ Foundation investments, remain in a Churches of Christ Foundation investment in the name of the surviving spouse.
For Funeral Assistance Plans, funds are paid directly to the funeral home upon receipt of an invoice and notice of death certificate. Any funds left over form part of the estate. Please contact the office for more information.
We do require the originals of any certified copies requested, however you may scan and email other forms and requests. All emails sent to Churches of Christ Foundation will be acknowledged.
Your donation will be paid into a separate bank account that is strictly controlled and monitored by people independent of Churches of Christ Foundation. The donation will be tagged only for chaplaincy purposes and will be allocated to approved chaplaincy projects or salaries for chaplains only.
A search on website: business.qld.gov.au will provide the information that an employer or employee will need regarding long service leave.
By law, each church is regarded as a separate employer, and is responsible for fulfilling its own long service leave obligations.
Please take a look at the LSL Provision Savings information sheet. This information sheet contains frequently asked questions, employer responsibilities, who is eligible, etc. The staff at Churches of Christ Foundation are available to answer your questions as well.