Endorsement and wellbeing
If you are taking on a ministering persons role in one of our affiliated churches, then your wellbeing is important to us. To help us support all our ministering persons we have the requirement that you are endorsed as part of our minimum standards.
Find all the forms and processes relating to the Endorsement and Wellbeing of our ministering persons here.
If you have been appointed to one of our churches as a ministering person you are required to seek approval to be endorsed as outlined in our minimum standards policy. You are required to fill out and submit the required information outlined below.
- Nomination form - this is the official form that records your personal information. This includes personal details, national police check details, BlueCard details and the role you are undertaking.
- Code of Conduct - for you to read and return a signed confirmation of your agreement with it.
Upon receiving your nomination form one of our team members from Church and Community Engagement will contact you to organise a face to face meeting to be introduced to our team and the Wellbeing plan. Here are the links to the Wellbeing documentation for your convenience:
- Wellbeing Plan Template – this is a blank template to use for constructing your Wellbeing Plan.
- Wellbeing Plan How To Guide – this is an explanatory guide to developing your Wellbeing Plan.
- Formation Companion Guide – talks about how you might discern who will be your Formation Companion
Once your endorsement is approved you can apply through us to be registered as a Marriage Celebrant. The additional forms must be submitted:
Forms and Resources
- Additional Information Sheet (to accompany Nomination of Minister of Religion form)
- Checklist - Marriage Celebrant Obligations
- Information for Marriage Celebrants
- Nomination and Application for Registration of Minister of Religion [Word document]
- Nomination and Application for Registration of Minister of Religion [PDF]
- Marriage Rites of Churches of Christ in Australia