What we can do
Around your home
- Meal preparation and cooking
- Basic chores including cleaning, laundry and ironing
- Mowing, gardening, taking bins out
- Home maintenance including minor repairs
- Changes to your home to improve safety, including installing alarms, ramps and hand rails
- Items to help you get around, including walking frames and shower chairs.
Health & clinical care
- Personal care including showering, self-care, hygiene and grooming
- Clinical care from a registered nurse, including wound care, continence advice and medication management
- Allied health services, including speech therapy, physiotherapy and podiatry
- Specialist support for people with a particular condition including vision impairment, dementia.
- Transport and support to access your community, local shops and to attend appointments
- Social support groups
- Spiritual support, including home visits from a chaplain.
- Care for you at your home while your carer is away
- Temporary care in an aged care home.
Are you eligible?
The Australian Government decides who's eligible for CHSP, and you'll need to apply through My Aged Care. You'll need to be aged 65+ (50+ for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people), or younger for vulnerable people.Go to My Aged Care
While the Australian Government pays for most of your CHSP costs, you'll also need to contribute if you can afford to.
Your out-of-pocket costs depend on the type of support you're receiving, how often, and your income. Things like house cleaning and meals might cost a few dollars, bigger jobs like home modifications will cost more.
Contact us on 3327 1600 for more information about pricing.
5 steps to applying