What we can do
Around your home
- Basic chores including dishwashing, vacuuming and mopping
- Bed making and linen changing
- Clothes washing and ironing
- Some assistance with meal preparation
- Bill paying
- Unaccompanied shopping
- Minor maintenance or repair work including replacing lightbulbs, cleaning gutters, checking batteries in smoke/security alarms.
Health & clinical care
- Personal care including showering, self-care, hygiene and doing your hair
- Getting in and out of bed
- Dressing and putting on compression garments
- Application of non-medical skin care creams and lotions
- Help moving around the house.
- Care for you at your home while your carer is away
- Temporary care in a respite facility.
Are you eligible?
If you live in QLD, and hold a Veteran's White Card or Gold Card, you may be eligible for our Veterans' Home Care services. Call the Department of Veterans' Affairs Home Care Assessment Agency to find out if you're eligible. Ph: 1300 550 450
While the department pays for most VHC costs, some services require a co-payment from you. Speak with the department's VHC Assessment Agency to find out more.
4 steps to apply