Curious to see what a day in the life of a home care worker looks like?
A day in the life
Home care worker roles are varied, where you are fully supported and can enjoy great benefits, while truly making a difference to the lives of others. As a home care worker, no two days will be the same, but general duties will include:
- Helping with cleaning, shopping, meal preparation and other housework
- Assisting with transport, such as to the local shops and services;
- Personal care, including showering, dressing and hygiene
- Participating in the review and support of clients' care plans
- Assisting with medication (qualified applicants only).
Meet Enid, a Churches of Christ home care client.
What does it take to become a home care worker?
Our services continue to grow, and we are currently looking for passionate home care workers, with both qualified and unqualified positions available.
To be suited to these roles, you will have:
- Experience in providing excellent customer service;
- A current drivers licence and willing to use your own insured and reliable vehicle for work purposes (appropriate allowance is provided)
- Physical ability to carry out the duties required, including house cleaning and manual work
- National Police Check or the ability to obtain this
- Evidence of COVID-19 vaccination
You do not need a qualification or experience to apply for these roles as we can offer you the opportunity to begin or grow your career with us, through a traineeship, where you will gain a nationally recognised qualification. Alternatively, we also have roles where gaining a qualification is not a requirement
To be considered for a Qualified position, you will also need:
- A minimum Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Support or equivalent
- Completion or willingness to complete the following units of competency: HLTHPS006 - Assist clients with medication and CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
Keep in touch for upcoming opportunities.